Base Student & Athletic Accident Insurance
Schools often select compulsory plans which provide accident medical benefits for all student-related injuries during the times when school is in session, as well as extracurricular activities, interscholastic sports, field trips and travel to and from school. Our plans can be customized to cover exactly what the school would like to insure, but most schools select one of the following Class Coverages:
- Class 1: All Enrolled Students of the Participating School or District
- Class 2: All Enrolled Students of the Participating School or District who Participate in Interscholastic Sports (Including Band Members, Cheerleaders, Majorettes, Student Coaches, Student Trainers and Student Managers)
- Class 3: All Enrolled Students of the Participating School or District Who Participate in Intramural or Interscholastic Sports, Gym Classes, and Non-Sport Extracurricular Activities (Including Band Members, Cheerleaders, Majorettes, Student Coaches, Student Trainers and Student Managers)
BMI’s Standard Gold Plan includes the following benefits, but we can customize a plan to meet your school’s needs or to match any existing coverage.
- $1,000,000, $50,000 or $25,000 Accident Medical Expense Benefit per injury
- $0 or Low Deductible per injury
- 2- or 3-year Benefit Period
- Coverage up to 100% of Usual & Customary Charges
- $10,000 Accidental Death, $25,000 Accidental Dismember, $50,000 Double Dismemberment Benefit
- HMO/PPO, Expanded Medical, Pre-Existing and Heart & Circulatory Benefits
- $1,000 Deferred Dental Benefits
- $25,000 Accident Medical Expense Benefit for Volunteer Workers
Catastrophic Student & Athletic Accident Insurance
The exposure of students and their families to potential financial disaster as a result of catastrophic medical expenses resulting from a school-time or a sports related injury makes it essential to protect them through a catastrophic medical plan. This can be accomplished through a catastrophic accident medical policy which consist of two distinct benefits. The first is an accident medical benefit with limits as high as $6,000,000 per injury. This coverage sits on top of any base accident policy the school has purchased to provide higher limits to cover injury related medical expenses, while extending the benefit period to 10 years from the date of accident. The second benefit is a catastrophic cash benefit which can provide up to $1,000,000 of cash payments, typically with one lump sum, and then annual payments for a period of 10 years post injury. The cash benefit kicks in when the injury results in brain death, coma or paralysis and the funds can be used to pay for expenses like vehicle and home modification, ongoing medical care, loss of income and other family expenses.
Why Purchase Student Accident Insurance?
- Coverages for uninsured/underinsured participants, students, athletes and volunteers during activities or events
- Picks up deductibles, coinsurance and co-payments in major medical plans preventing out-of-pocket expenses for a claimant
- Helps to prevent simple injuries from developing into contentious liability claims
- Can help to generate credits/premium savings on the General Liability
- Does not require negligence to be proven in order for the policy to cover
- Gives the insured organization “peace of mind” knowing that gaps in existing coverage are filled
- Simple application process means coverage can be activated quickly
- Great for Public Relations for the insured organization
- Accident policies are small in premium and typically pay for themselves in the long run
Voluntary Student Accident Insurance
Many schools like to offer their families the ability to purchase additional coverage, whether or not the School buys an excess accident policy to cover the students. With school-time and around- the-clock options, as well as accidental dental plans available, parents can enroll and purchase coverage through our website in just a few minutes.
Academic & Sport Camp, Clinic & Special Event Coverage
Participant Accident Insurance and General Liability Coverage for your camps and clinics as well as any special events you run, are essential coverages for the protection of your group or organization.
Insurance is Available for:
- Sports Camps & Clinics
- Academic Camps
- Special Events