National Associations & Organizations
Participant Accident Insurance
Accidents arising out of participation in organization sponsored programs, can result in financial hardship, to the individual participating and injured, as well as the sponsoring organization itself, with the legally implicit responsibility attached to the activity offered. It becomes imperative for the group to provide proper medical coverage for its members and participants as well as General Liability coverage to protect the organization. We can design programs which will provide outstanding coverage and protect both you and your participants in the event of an accident.
- Coverage for participants, staff, counselors and coaches
- Fully Insured and Self-Insured Plan Designs
- Various Deductible levels, starting at $0 deductible
- Various Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Limits
- One, Two- or Three-Year Benefit Period Options
- Coverage to and from sponsored events, activities, or games
General Liability Insurance
Liability insurance for your league and organization is a must. We live in an extremely litigious society and must constantly protect ourselves against litigation as a result of our sponsored activities and programs. Entities which allow you to use their facilities (schools, towns, fraternal organizations and the like) also require that you be insured, and provide them with certificates of insurance with them as an “additional named insured”. For many years these entities required a $1,000,000 liability policy, but most are now requiring $2,000,000. Other areas in which you need protection, and hence, must be covered by the liability policy are host liquor liability; products liability; non-owned auto coverage; and the need for sexual molestation coverage.
Things To Be Careful of When Selecting Liability Coverage:
- Policy should be on “Occurrence” basis; NOT “CLAIMS MADE”—VERY IMPORTANT.
- Policy should have all coverage’s desired available, even if optional.
- Determine the level of accident insurance coverage required by the plan (all these liability policies require underlying accident insurance).
- Be sure that there is no athletic participation exclusion. VERY IMPORTANT!
Catastrophic Accident Insurance
If you are a National Association, National Governing Body, or National Organziation, you should consider a blanket catastrophic accident insurance program your members. Today, specific athletic associations provide this important coverage to their members, while others simply recommend that their members purchase their own coverage. This coverage will provide limits to levels as high as $5,000,000 or more per injury/accident, with up to a 10 year or Lifetime Benefit Period, and the option for Catastrophic Cash Benefits as high as $1,000,000. The cost of this coverage is typically nominal and very affordable, compared to the high levels of coverage obtained. Although you hope to never to use this insurance, it will benefit the your organization on many levels in the event of a catastrophic-type accident.